Washed Out's Ernest Greene on stepping out from behind the computer
The first half of 2014 will see Washed Out touring nearly non-stop, including an appearance at Coachella. He's ready for it. He's energized by Paracosm, with its warm, lush instrumentation, its constructed sense of escapism — the album's title itself refers to the concept of a fantasy world. That correlates heavily with the newer record's vibrant visual art, he says, as opposed to the stark white design of 2011's Within & Without.
"This newer stuff is a lot more vibrant-feeling, so the colors seem to suit it well," he says. "It's all about the music. That will lead the way most of the time."
Jan 28-29, 8pm $25
1805 Geary, SF
Most Commented On
- The money to build it comes from the feds - August 1, 2014
- XkoKnToehiZ - August 1, 2014
- eorCozAvkypQNPCZJb - August 1, 2014
- Police radio dispatch from Alejandro Nieto shooting raises new - August 1, 2014
- Sorry, this is not the Ed Lee I voted for. - August 1, 2014
- An alternate decent show - August 1, 2014
- I think he is - August 1, 2014
- NSA surveillance scandal goes full tilt clown - August 1, 2014
- Could Petrelis and Marcos not get a room? - August 1, 2014
- Just an honest commentator and truth teller. - August 1, 2014