Washed Out's Ernest Greene on stepping out from behind the computer
The first half of 2014 will see Washed Out touring nearly non-stop, including an appearance at Coachella. He's ready for it. He's energized by Paracosm, with its warm, lush instrumentation, its constructed sense of escapism — the album's title itself refers to the concept of a fantasy world. That correlates heavily with the newer record's vibrant visual art, he says, as opposed to the stark white design of 2011's Within & Without.
"This newer stuff is a lot more vibrant-feeling, so the colors seem to suit it well," he says. "It's all about the music. That will lead the way most of the time."
Jan 28-29, 8pm $25
1805 Geary, SF
Most Commented On
- oEWlFRRxKQEBaX - March 11, 2014
- The GOP Rating is Almost Negative - March 10, 2014
- Charlotte Shultz's slush fund - March 10, 2014
- Good Reporting Guardian - March 10, 2014
- Did it ever occur to you that - March 10, 2014
- Did it occur to you that she - March 10, 2014
- Is there a more bourgeois cause than white people's - March 10, 2014
- Was this article written by a - March 10, 2014
- The British did not vote for - March 10, 2014
- Separation of non-orthogonal concerns in software architecture - March 10, 2014