Horrible news this morning -- pioneering house DJ Josh Ezelle died last night in a motorcycle crash in Thailand. He was 42.
Ezelle, aka DJ Josh, was the first DJ many young clubbers heard in the late '80s, and the list of venues and crews he supported or helped launch is a veritable what's what of the SF scene, right up to the present. Wicked, the Gathering, Funky Techno Tribe, Sunset ...
Ever-roving, he organized the groundbreaking 2000 ACA World Sound Festival in Acapulco. He moved to Thailand in 2001, and had recently located to Phuket, becoming a popular resort DJ there and witnessing the birth of his son.
A true example of bringing the underground SF spirit to the world, he'll be mightily missed.
Most Commented On
- Track record - July 26, 2014
- IXmOYHVCjoQGYm - July 26, 2014
- Airbnb makes small admission on tax issue, saying its hosts - July 26, 2014
- Uber’s secret, “proprietary” insurance policy leaked - July 26, 2014
- Toxic Turf. - July 26, 2014
- ZpoyYPMxgxyVWaj - July 26, 2014
- FXbMIGeEyTf - July 26, 2014
- A green San Francisco? - July 26, 2014
- we covered that this week - July 26, 2014
- I understand that the SFBC - July 26, 2014