So this is a pretty great way to start a Monday morning. Via Jawbreaker's Facebook page, run by drummer Adam Pfahler:
Me and my daughter Mimi are driving down Valencia street. At Mission, we notice the car in front of us has a Jawbreaker sticker on the bumper. Mimi gets a kick out of this and says, "Pull up and say hi!" I figure it's someone from the neighborhood who I know who's en route to Thrillhouse Records. We pull up but I don't know the kid. I happen to have some one of a kind glittery Jawbreaker buttons that Busy Beaver sent me, so Mimi rolls down the window and gives him one. He says, "Cool. Thanks." Then he looks at me and I make a gesture -- the international symbol of air drumming. He goes, "What?" I say, "That's my band. I'm the drummer." He's totally shocked. "NO FUCKING WAY!" Then he pulls up his sleeve to reveal a Dear You tattoo on his arm. I give him a round of applause, adding, "Thanks. That made my day." And it really did.
Relatedly, Pfahler is in a new band called California, which also features Green Day touring guitarist Jason White. They played at Hemlock on Saturday and I didn't go and I kind of hate myself for it. They don't have any music online yet and, as others have noted, the band is virtually un-Googlable. Will be tracking Pfahler down to ask him questions about it soon, but in the meantime -- were you there? I wanna hear about it, get in touch.
Most Commented On
- growth? - July 28, 2014
- So there is on definition of - July 28, 2014
- the Corporate state of America - July 28, 2014
- For every person, there is a place - July 28, 2014
- I think a lot of people would infer that someone who is in their - July 28, 2014
- Suggesting that people adapt their lifestyle to their financial - July 28, 2014
- No. I was suggesting to appeals for "fairness" is only effective - July 28, 2014
- crap - July 28, 2014
- Mass Murder - July 28, 2014
- Wiener’s resolution to study waterfront initiative written by - July 28, 2014