Okay, so maybe I'm a little biased because how often does a music video shoot take place in yours truly's little podunk hometown of Albany, California -- which is where the dollar-beer-covered racetrack glory that is Golden Gate Fields technically lies, friends, not Berkeley -- but this new Atmosphere video for the song "Kanye West," which the hip-hop duo premiered today on Noisey, does feel a little like a "spot the East Bay shooting location" rendition of Where's Waldo.
There's plenty else to like, though: That's also Oakland writer-superstar Chinaka Hodge in the role of leading lady, and local comedian/erstwhile Guardian opiner Nato Green as a scared-shitless corner store worker. Check it out below.
The duo's new album Southsiders drops May 6 on Rhymesayers; this song will also be on The Lake Nokomis Maxi Single, released exclusively on vinyl for Record Store Day (that's next Saturday, April 19, kiddos). They'll be in town in August for Outsidelands.
Most Commented On
- Dr Eke Chukwu Is THE GREAT SPELL CASTER SOMEONE CAN EVER TRUST - July 23, 2014
- Blurry portrait - July 23, 2014
- custody - July 23, 2014
- Tablehopping: new Asian treats, Blue Plate score, Cochon 555 - July 23, 2014
- The racial stereotype looks like it was an after-thought. - July 23, 2014
- Insurance Commissioner to CPUC: Tech "rideshare" companies must - July 23, 2014
- State and municiap pension funds are run by Calpers and their - July 23, 2014
- Treading water - July 23, 2014
- Midsummer mayhem - July 23, 2014
- The Fourth of July: Remembering the good old days in Rock - July 23, 2014