Many of you know me as that ditzy drag queen in a trash bag stumbling down your block at 4am. But I am also, on occasion, a snappy dresser -- in my mind. Or at least I know how to hit on snappy dressers (talk about bow ties).
I also know when. And for the cutest, scruffiest ones get to the annual Sui Generis afternoon Pride in Style party, this year on Sat/29.
Every year the Castro consignment-vintage-new store is packed to the gills with stylish males -- actually cool stylish males, not the prissy mall-slave ones. Basically the Pride kickoff reception of dreams, if there weren't so many Pride kickoff receptions before it. This one's chill though, with a family feel, and great tunes from DJs Jason Kendig and Two Dudes in Love. And libations and cheer. Plus you might just pick yourself an outfit to wear out the door to the Dyke March.
PRIDE IN STYLE
Sat/29, noon-4pm, free
2231 Market, SF.
Most Commented On
- SF progressives labor under paradoxes - August 1, 2014
- In the future we should build density on transit hubs. - August 1, 2014
- The reason is simply. Unless SF progressives can find a villain - August 1, 2014
- What do you have against white male centrists, - August 1, 2014
- Just because you happen to - August 1, 2014
- If only Airbnb would take out - August 1, 2014
- to the American Jew - August 1, 2014
- What's with this endless - August 1, 2014
- I would have preferred CS thru to the waterfront - August 1, 2014
- marcos, you were the one who introduced racism here by - August 1, 2014