Yael Chanoff reports from the scene of the Occupy building takeover with a really strange development:.
Police had put up barricades in front of 888 Turk, and many of the protesters were out of the building, but some were still inside. Then, after the front door was completely sealed, a lone man, his face covered by a black bandana, appeared on the roof. He held a brick in each hand, and after a dramatic pause, hurled one of the bricks into the crowd below. It struck a protester in the face, causing a bloody injury. Paramedics are on the scene.
The brick-thrower kept up the barrage, hitting another protester in the leg, then moved to an adjacent building and began throwing pipes, hitting a police car.
Hundreds of police arrived on the scene; The brick thrower apparently vanished.
Most Commented On
- Actually, it just needs to be rephrased to make the list as #27; - May 22, 2013
- Austin Is Next - May 22, 2013
- An end to political correctness would be no bad thing. - May 22, 2013
- But it was a majority who elected Gavin and Ed Lee. - May 22, 2013
- The richest 2% pay 50% of all taxes and so if you - May 22, 2013
- And every SFBG article isn't a tantrum against the right? - May 22, 2013
- PC? SF is looking evermore - May 22, 2013
- Wow, Guest, so your point is that those who pay the most taxes - May 22, 2013
- Speak for yourself - May 22, 2013
- Then throw the rich out - May 22, 2013