I didn't know former Sup. Chris Daly was running for state Assembly in the 19th District. Odd -- I've been told he splits his time between Soma and Fairfield, but I had never heard anything about him moving to the West side of town.
But there he is, right on a flier produced by candidate Michael Breyer, who probably doesn't deserve all the attention I'm giving him, but his campaign is so strange. First he's for "old-fashioned San Francisco values" (whatever that means) -- and now he's running against Daly. Who, according to the latest data from the Department of Elections, isn't in the race.
Breyer has a pic of Daly's disembodied head surrounded by a happy meal, a goldfish and a Yellow Pages phonebook, three things that (other) supervisors have had issues with, mostly for very good reasons. Daly didn't introduce the Happy Meal ban or the pet store legislation or the phone books limits; some of that happened after he left the board.
The flier compares Daly's "Wild Antics" to "The Real San Francisco." Which I guess is a conservative place "of old-fashioned neighborhood concerns." (What -- the west side of the city hasn't changed in the past 40 years, since Breyer was a kid?)
Folks, please: Daly's no longer in any public office. He was a good supervisor while he was there and willing to fight for his constituents. But now he owns a bar and works for a union. Aren't we all getting tired of this shit?
Most Commented On
- you understand that your awful misuse of apostrophes - June 19, 2013
- But home prices should be based on rents because - June 19, 2013
- Yes, Tim, there are very few hooker ad's on SFBG now. - June 19, 2013
- You cannot know how many "progressive voters" are not reached - June 19, 2013
- Yes, Tim was a gentleman and others on the left wanted him to be - June 19, 2013
- The left is renowned for hating each other more than their - June 19, 2013
- That depends how you define" nightlife". - June 19, 2013
- David Faulk, maybe the real lesson here is that discounting - June 19, 2013
- Candy, you need to understand the golden rule. - June 19, 2013
- They aren't homes anymore - June 19, 2013